This Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") specifies the actions prohibited by Cavalier Telephone ("Cavalier") to users of Cavalier's services, equipment or sites (including any Web site that a user may establish on Cavalier's servers). Cavalier reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time
Cavalier's services, equipment and sites may be used only for lawful purposes. Cavalier has the right, but not the obligation, to suspend or terminate any user's services or to remove from any user's account, any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation, in Cavalier's sole discretion. Cavalier shall not be liable to users for any damages or losses of any kind whatsoever, for such termination or removal of services or material, regardless of the accuracy or eventual outcome of any allegations of illegal use.
Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. Examples include:
- Defamation (making false statements about any person)
- Fraud (sending content that a user knows to be false and intends others to rely upon)
- False Advertising (promoting anything using false, deceptive, or misleading content)
- Unsolicited Advertising (except in areas designated for the purpose of advertising)
- Copyright Violations (sending content that infringes any copyright interest)
- Trademark/Trade Dress Violations (trading on others' names or brands)
- Trade Secret Violations (sending confidential materials that are owned by others)
- Obscene or Pornographic Material (including but not limited to child pornography)
- Harassment, Threats, and Abuse (including hateful or violent messages)
- False Pretenses (impersonating others or gaining access through misrepresentations)
- Chain Letters (sending chain letters offering any free or commercial product or service)
- Inappropriate Content (content or topics unrelated to the focus of a group or list)
- Disruptive Activities (conduct that disrupts the normal operation of any online activity)
- Multiple Access (simultaneous access to the account through more than one session)
- Abuse of Right (false or unverified complaints, or abuse of complaint procedures)
- Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
- Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "SPAM") is explicitly prohibited.
SYSTEM AND NETWORK SECURITY
Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Cavalier will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
Users are required to maintain all passwords as private and confidential information
WHERE TO REPORT ABUSE OR VIOLATIONS
Please report any abuse or violations to the Cavalier Regulator Team below:
2134 W. Laburnum Ave
Richmond, VA 23227
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A USER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.